I am FEAR

If you are interested in reading more and learning how to work with your mind and emotions, I can't think of a better person to refer you to than Lou Tice. I receive his newsletter regularly and I share here, one I received this one this morning from - The Pacific Institute.com it's easy to join up to receive the newsletter, and they are all gems.


Best of the Winner's Circle Network with Lou Tice - 11/9/10 - "I Am Fear"
What are you afraid of, and what does it cost you? Today, I want you to read one of the best descriptions of fear I have ever heard. I don't know where I got this quote originally, but it is one of the best definitions I know, and it seems to be appropriate for the world in which we are living:

"I am Fear. I am the menace that lurks in the paths of life, never visible to the eye but sharply felt in the heart. I am the father of despair, the brother of procrastination, the enemy of progress, the tool of tyranny. Born of ignorance and nursed on misguided thought, I have darkened more hopes, stifled more ambitions, shattered more ideals and prevented more accomplishments than history could record.

"Like the changing chameleon, I assume many disguises. I masquerade as caution. I am sometimes known as doubt or worry. But whatever I'm called, I am still fear, the obstacle of achievement.

"I know no master but one; its name is Understanding. I have no power but what the human mind gives me, and I vanish completely when the light of Understanding reveals the facts as they really are, for I am really nothing."

You see, if you have the courage to acknowledge your fears, you will be taking the first step toward controlling them instead of them controlling you. And if you take the next step toward understanding, you will be able to move past them to empathy, perhaps even to love.

Lou Tice
The Pacific Institute.com
The effects of The Pacific Institute's education are reverberating around the world. For weekly updates, go to TPI Global News.com